Sunday 17 February 2008

Me as bald.

Here is one attempt in my sad series of self-portraits. It's crazy difficult to paint yourself. Especially when you don't have a mirror that you can have conveniently by the painting table, having to hold it upright yourself while you're painting. There is also the concern of coming off as too self-absorbed when showing the result to someone. But at least it's been done by myriads of painters before, so there's my excuse. In addition to the fact that it's only healthy to have some level of self-interest.

This was back in time when I was worried I might go completely bald. My hair is naturally quite thick, but I lost most of it about two years ago, for some reason. It was horrible. No woman should have to go through that. I need hair. It's kind of weird how important hair can be to you, and you won't even realize it until you start losing it. And it's so much worse when you're young, as it can be expected that you'll lose some of your hair when you're older anyway. It's cruel to have to lose hair in your twenties.



I know this person here looks somewhat inane, but in my defense I'll point out that it's a full frontal picture, which is very hard to do. Besides, there is some added depth thanks to the strange yin-yangy colour theme. (Yeah, right.) And sometimes I really do look this retarded. I think I've captured my essence.

2 comments:

Amoena said...

Et sä kyl noin miehennäköinen ole :D

ELINA said...

Lol :D En mä väittänytkään että mä näyttäsin tolta ihan tarkalleen. :P

Tosi söpö kuva muuten sun blogger tilissä. Miten sä voit näyttää noin freesiltä ilman meikkiä.